Summer’s coming to halt pretty quickly, which means switching from relaxation and slow days to get-things-done and fast paced schedules. This time of year is usually not fun if you don’t know how to make things easy. Kids getting frustrated about going to bed earlier, being responsible for their school supplies, and waking up earlier. While it’s not that much easier on me either, with helping teach the younger children, doing my own schoolwork, blogging, shopping, and cooking.
I will be even busier if I get this bakery job I’m trying to get. So it’s not an option to make things like Cheeze Blintz, Baked French Toast, or Pancakes. Oh gosh. Not the pancakes. They take FOREVER to make enough for my family and the meal is done being devoured in minutes! Oh, no. When it comes to this time of year I need recipes that are relatively fast and easy to make. So I have come up with a list of 30+ recipes to solve those back to school problems.
Lets take a look at all the amazing back to school recipes I found!
1. Pumpkin Pie Refrigerator Oatmeal from Real Food RN – I can’t wait to try this once I harvest some of my pumpkins I have growing. It sounds absolutely fabulous!
2. Lemon Blueberry Muffins from Never Enough Thyme
3. Apple, Leek & Bacon Breakfast Sausage from And Here We Are – I recommend this one!!!
4. Soaked Granola Muffins from Raia’s Recipes
5. Overnight Muesli from Raia’s Recipes
6. Baked Oatmeal from Regular Cooked Oatmeal from Don’t Waste the Crumbs – I often make too much oatmeal in the mornings and hate to throw them out so this is a nice way to save time and money!
7. Summer Muesli w/ Soaked Oats & Chia Seeds from Recipes To Nourish
8. Healthy Pumpkin Protein Oats from Happy Healthnut
9. Creamy Oatmeal (Soaked) from Recipes to Nourish
10. Soaked Oats- Fall/Winter Version from Recipes to Nourish
11. Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken (GF) from The Nourishing Home- A perfect easy lunch for busy days!
12. Slow Cooker Chicken Marinara with Basil Zucchini Noodles from Happy Healthnut – I have already tried it this summer, and it is pretty dang good.
13. Slow Cooker White Chili from Raia’s Recipes
14. Paleo Lunch Wraps from Sweet Potatoes and Social Change
15. Chow Mein Noodles from Life Currents
16. Creamy Spring Pasta with Kale and Spinach (has a vegan option) from The Organic Kitchen – I am going to try this with some Fresh Pasta
17. Slow Cooker Tangy Pineapple Shredded Beef from Recipes To Nourish
18. Easy Freezer Biscuits from Ten at the Table
19. Strawberry Fruit Roll Up from Life Currents – Perfect for a healthy lunchbox snack.
20. Healthy Dorito Popcorn from Natural Chow – Fabulously easy and healthy snack for anytime. It takes less than ten minutes.
21. Paleo Chocolate Slice from Economies of Kale
22 .Shakshuka (Eggs Baked in Tomato Sauce) from Economies of Kale – An easy dinner!
23. Easy Marinated Roast from Raia’s Recipes
24. Slow Cooker Squash and Beef Masala from Farm Fresh Feast
25. Slow Cooker Sweet Potato from Farm Fresh Feast
26. Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta from The Organic Kitchen
27. Slow Cooker Refried Beans from Ten at the Table
28. Crock Pot Chicken Adobo with Sauteed Farm Fresh Veggies from Farm Fresh Feasts
29.Lemon Chicken With Rosemary
30. Slow Cooker Green Tomato Garlic Chili from Farm Fresh Feasts
31. Freezer Friendly Pizza from Ten at the Table
32. Homemade Maple Apple Chicken Breakfast Sausages from Recipes To Nourish
33. Gluten Free Italian Pasta Salad from Natural Chow
34. Healthy Homemade Lunchables from Don’t Waste the Crumbs
35. Coconut Slice, The Perfect Lunchbox Treat from Homemade Healthy Happy
As you can see, when it comes to breakfast, oatmeal is a popular ingredient. Good thing its cheap! I am very happy with this list and look forward to using these recipes during to this soon to be hectic school year coming up.
If you have another recipe that saves you your sanity during the school year craziness, let me know in the comments below so everyone else can keep their sanity as well!
Love you guys! Good luck on another year!