Small Things You Can Do Every Day To Eat Healthier

Eating healthy can be overwhelming at times. You might not know where to start. Eating healthy can change your life in more ways than you can imagine. You may actually be surprised as to
how easy it is to eat better. With a few small changes every day, you’ll be on your way to eating healthier in no time. Here are some “Small Things You Can Do Every Day to Eat Healthier”.

Drink water like it’s your job

Water improves skin health and beauty, regulates your body temperature, your digestive system depends on it, prevents kidney damage, supports weight loss and much more.
A lot of times people confuse hunger with dehydration. A lot of times when you feel hungry, you are actually thirsty. It is a really good idea to drink water before a meal so you don’t take the
chance of confusing hunger with dehydration. This will also ensure that you are getting plenty of water.
It is also important to drink water first thing in the morning, before you put anything else in your mouth. Your body is dehydrated in the morning from not getting any water all night.

Eat lots of veggies

Eating a diet that is rich in vegetables, may reduce the risk of heart disease, heart attack, stroke, certain types of cancers, obesity, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and much more.
Try to eat some veggies with every meal. Add some veggies like peppers, onions and spinach to your morning scramble or omelet. Fill half of your plate with veggies. Eat your veggies first.

Eat enough unprocessed protein

Eating enough protein, increases muscle mass and strength. It also reduces appetite and hunger levels, keeps your bones strong, reduces cravings, and that desire for late night snacking and much
Start your day with protein, like eggs or a protein shake. Make sure you eat your protein before digging into any carbs. Snack on greek yogurt. It’s really good with a sweeter fruits such as mango,
pineapple, banana, or your favorite fruit. Use Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. Eat high protein foods with every meal.

Eat real food

Real food is single ingredient food that is found in its natural state just the way it is. Food that does not have any additives, chemicals, or preservatives in them.
Real foods include:
● Fruits and Vegetables
● Seafood and Meat (unprocessed)
● Dairy and Eggs
● Nuts and Seeds
● Lentils and Beans
● Whole Grains
● Herbs and Spices
● Natural Unrefined Sweeteners
● Unrefined, Virgin, Cold Pressed Fats and Oils

Make it a lifestyle

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle will give you long term results. You do not want to completely deprive yourself because that leads to binge eating most of the time.
You can’t get unhealthy with eating just one unhealthy meal so you can’t be healthy while eating one healthy meal.
Try using the 80/20 method. This is where you eat healthy 80% of the time and the other 20% is where you splurge on things that are not that great for you but you are craving them.
Have a salad with lean protein for lunch if you know you are going out for dinner. If you are having dessert try only taking 3 bites instead of the whole thing.
It’s all about balancing your meals. The more you do it and stick to it the easier it gets.


What are some tips you have? I would love to know!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post Navigation