Tomorrow will be the start of another year and if you’re like me you probably have a list of things you’d like to accomplish in 2015. I came up with 12 goals I’d like to accomplish next year with the hopes of being able to cross them all off one by one.
I am the procrastination queen. So this year I am going to get everything done that I have been wanting to do for the past couple of years.
I will do monthly updates to let you guys know how it’s going. I am hoping this will help me stick to my goals and encourage y’all to do the same.
So here are my goals in no particular order.
1. Make homemade scented candles with essential oils (and post a tutorial).
I have been wanting to make candles for a while, and I am not leaving this year without mastering it! 😉
2. Get one of the three sewing machines up and running.
3. Secret Project #1.
4. Get a compost bin. (Homemade preferably.)
5. Expand my garden. I would really like to add more beds to the garden. (Hey, Daddy (wink wink)). We just freed up a bunch of space in our yard and I think more garden would be perfect. A little mini-goal under this is to grow all of the spices we use. for that we still need to plant garlic, black pepper, cayenne, and chili.
6. Have a full productive garden all year long (starting after the last frost). That means every bed, every plot needs to be full…and alive. 😉
7. Secret project #2.
8. Get to my goal weight.
9. Learn to play piano. Everybody in my family but me can play. There is something wrong with that picture. Plus, I want to learn anyway.
10. Waste less time. Remember what I said about procrastination? Yeah. It’s a real problem. For some reason, every time I need to do schoolwork, blog, or work for clients, the Facebook, Pinterest, and g-mail bookmarks in my toolbar catch my eye. I get distracted and then I get nothing done. I will have to figure out something to help.
11. Have weekly campfires in the backyard. This includes cooking dinner and dessert over the fire. This will help create more family time, as well as knock some of the electricity bill off. Note to self: Turn off all the lights and power down all of the electronics that aren’t the fridge and freezer.
12. Post my favorite Hungarian dishes. My grandparents and mother make really good Hungarian food. I have been spoiled with it my whole life and these recipes aren’t on the internet. There are a lot of recipes claiming to be goulash and y’all…that’s not goulash. So I am going to clear up the confusion this year. 😉
Do you guys know anything I don’t about #10? What are your goals for 2015?
I just have 3 words for 2015.
Bring. It. On.