To beat the rainy day blues, I have been using a number of things to keep the day positive and productive. So far everything has worked out great!
Here are my 10 ways to beat the rainy day blues:
1. Diffuse an essential oil wake up blend. If you don’t have an essential oil diffuser, you are really missing out. If you don’t have any essential oils you are really, really missing out. If you have both..GREAT! This is one of my favorite blends of all time: 3 drops wild orange+3 drops peppermint. Its really simple and really effective. It smells fabulous and really helps the day start off on the right foot.
2. COFFEE! Coffee is a sure fire way to wake everyone up and keep them up. Coffee has also been proven to have many health benefits such as fighting depression and the aid of weight loss. So it’s a double win!
3. Tell funny jokes! periodically to keep them stimulated throughout the day come on with your funniest jokes. If ya have no jokes try these:
-An elderly couple are in church. The wife leans over and whispers to her husband, “I just let out a long, silent fart. What should I do?” The husband replies, “First off, replace the batteries in your hearing aid!”
-A prisoner, after many years, is finally released.
He runs around yelling, “I’m free! I’m free!”
A little kid walks up to him and says, “So what, I’m 4.”
“Don’t cry its just a joke!”
Or just look some up on the internet! 🙂
4. Avoid sitting at all costs! Try standing, running, and going to the gym or doing a work out video! Exercise Is a great way to stay awake and happy. 🙂 For ways to get children to exercise look here!
5. Get crafty! Bring out the paint, colored pencils, glitter, and crayons. Even if your not artsy, painting can be lot of fun! If you don’t have any art supplies, get some glue, tape, and markers to use the things in your recycling bin to build something. You could even make it into a contest!
6. Go get wet! Let everyone get in swim suits or just play clothes and go get wet. It’s fun invigorating and another good memory to add to everyone’s life. So why not?
7. Play some music. If you have any instrument players in the house (Which in my house is all 10 of us) while everyone else sings. If nobody plays an instrument, blast some karaoke music and everybody can sing together.
8. Have a dance off in the living room! This is my personal favorite, because we don’t dance much in my house, so when we have a dance off everybody looks really silly. 🙂
9.Twister with upbeat music in the background. This is extremely fun, and my family loves it. It’s hard not to!
10. Make it a movie night! End your purposeful day with movie everyone can enjoy. Netflix is a pretty freakin’ awesome thing. 🙂
How do you beat the rainy day blues?