Introducing Baby Bernadette… {the REASON for my Blogging Hiatus}

Yes, yes….I know it’s been a while, but hear me out guys! I promise I wasn’t relaxing on a beach somewhere this whole time, or give up blogging. I was simply a bit preoccupied getting ready for a baby to come into this world. There is A LOT to do without my normal functioning body to get it done with. At least two days out of the week were taken up completely with appointments. About a third of each day was spent cleaning, another third researching, and the rest of the time I was catching some major zzz’s.

On my due date, there was no signs of labor. I didn’t have my baby, and I cried probably four times. I was still in great physical condition, and it frustrated me.  Every time she kicked in the last two weeks, I really really wished I could hold that hand or foot that was poking out. Needless to say, I was dying to hold my baby.

Four days after my due date I had a doctors appointment. They asked me if I wanted to be induced or if I wanted to wait. I requested to be induced and was scheduled for 7:30 the next morning. After my appointment I did a lot of errands with my mother which took several hours.


We went home and started to make dinner. Starting at around 6:oo p.m. my braxton hicks turned extremely painful. There was no easing into labor for me. It came on all of a sudden and I had to la down. They were always three minutes apart too! No gradual declining in the spacing either! It was like flipping a switch. This baby wanted to get out!

“MOOOOOOOM!!!!” I couldn’t get out of bed to walk and tell her. Screaming for her hurt too, but probably less than walking, so I just stuck with that. Once she got to me, she gave me a complaining looking face like please dont be time.

Oh, yes.

It was time.

I wasn’t having as hard of a time as the doctor said I would be, and my water hadn’t broken, but I knew. The baby was coming. I just had a gut feeling about it.

My bag was already packed so I had my awesome 10 year old brother put it in the car while my mom and I got ready to leave. The drive SUCKED! There was no way for me to get comfortable and cope with the contractions. Luckily, when I got there, I got into a room pretty quickly.

Although, I was technically in labor for 8 hours, it felt like it was only on hour because I was so tired the whole time. I didn’t get to fall asleep until a few hours after she was born but I did get rest while I was in labor.

At 2:14 a.m. Bernadette Rose Darazs was born. She weighed 8.87 lbs., had a head full of hair, beautiful eyelashes,  great complexion, and a nicely shaped head for being 2 minutes old and all.

bernadette2 (1)


Our first month together…

The first night , she slept with my mother in the recliner chair in the corner of our room, but the other two night she slept in my bed with me. Every time a new nurse came in, they would try to convince me to put her in her bed and get some sleep. Honestly??? I spent forever waiting to hold and kiss this baby! I wasn’t turning my back for a second!

A lot of the time I was watching Pretty Little Liars with my sister who stayed with me after my mother left, and holding Bee. One day a nurse came down to take her to the nursery so they could weigh her and test her for potential health issues. I watched her get wheeled out of my room, and was suddenly overwhelmed with sadness.

My sister and I were sitting up in my bed watching P.L.L. and I leaned back to quietly cry to myself. I accidently sniffled and she looked back at me. That’s when I completely released my emotions. I didn’t know what to do with myself. I was a complete mess, and luckily I had my sister there who convinced me to go stay with her in the nursery while she was having everything done.

The day I took her home was kinda weird to me. Getting used to taking care of her without nurses coming in to help me every thirty minutes was quite a change and took some getting used to. Now, one month later, we are getting the hang of things and my separation anxiety is getting better. Meaning I can walk out of the room for like 10 minutes before I get super uncomfortable and have to go pick her up. Haha! 🙂

Overall, she is a perfect baby. She nurses well, sleeps well, and doesn’t cry all that often. It took me a few weeks, but I have finally figured out what all of her different little grunts mean. It is the best time of my life having her. It really is.

There will definitely be more posts to update y’all on how i’m dealing with being a new mom!

Whats your baby story? E-mail me at tenatthetable[at]gmail[dot]com. I would love to hear them! 🙂 <3

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post Navigation